The City of Zillah will celebrate the recently completed move and rehabilitation of the National Register of Historic Places listed Teapot Dome Gas Station. The celebration will take place on Wednesday July 25th at 10:00 am at the new location at 117 First Avenue in Zillah. A few years ago, the City purchased the gas station property after the station was closed and left vacant and subject to vandalism and deterioration. Later the City obtained a Transportation Enhancement grant to move the station and outbuildings from its location off I-82 into town. The project also included funding to rehab the gas station for a local tourism information office along with a restrooms and highway rest area.
Receive notifications of new posts by email once a day.
Search by month:
Search by category:
DAHP Blog Feed
- Help Celebrate Archaeology Day at the Burke Museum
- National Trust for Historic Preservation Study Focuses on Neglect of Historic VA Hospitals
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Releases Guidance on THPOs and Section 106
- Port Townsend Main Street Celebrates the Adventuress’ 100th Anniversary with Commerative Ornament
- 2013 Holiday Tour of Historic Homes Benefitting the Bigelow House Museum in Olympia
- Washington Trust Announces a Call for Nominations to the 2014 Most Endangered Historic Properties List
- The National Park Service’s Cultural Resources Diversity Internship Program Invites You to Submit Project Proposals for its Summer 2014 program!
- Draft State Historic Preservation Plan Review Period Down to Final Week
- For HPI Service Users
- Seattle Times Features DAHP State Physical Anthropologist in Story
- City of Olympia to Hire Associate Planner – Experienced in Historic Preservation
- ‘November on the North Shore’ Open House at the Historic U.S. Quarantine Station Museum at Knappton Cove, Washington
- Draft State Historic Preservation Plan Available for Review
- Archaeology of the Fort Vancouver Village Talk at the Washington State Capital Museum November 4
- Free Event Celebrating Tacoma’s Art at Work Month