As in past years, the bulk of American neighborhoods, streets and public spaces honored by the American Planning Association (APA) are historic places. This year, Seattle’s Beacon Hill neighborhoods and Downtown Walla Walla were selected as Great Neighborhoods, Beacon Hill recognized for its rich diversity of cultures and urban vitality and Walla Walla for taking advantage of its historic downtown as a hub of the region’s booming wine industry. Read more here.
Receive notifications of new posts by email once a day.
Search by month:
Search by category:
DAHP Blog Feed
- Wisaard Update
- Forest Service Outreach Notice for Archaeologists
- Revitalize WA – Save the Date – April 25-27
- Spokane Preservation Advocates Old House Workshop Series – Small Houses, Big Changes!
- 2016 Training Opportunities for Cultural Resources
- DAHP is Hiring!
- Seattle City Light Intern Opportunity
- Nominations Sought for State Historic Preservation Officer’s Awards
- Wisaard Phase 3 Rollout – Important Information
- 2016 Revitalize WA Call for Sessions
- CLG Training March 15, 2016 in Tacoma – Register Now!!
- City of Tacoma Seeks Historic Preservation Intern
- 2016 Most Endangered Historic Properties List
- 2016 Latino Heritage Internship Program
- Northwest Anthropological Conference – Save the Date!