As in past years, the bulk of American neighborhoods, streets and public spaces honored by the American Planning Association (APA) are historic places. This year, Seattle’s Beacon Hill neighborhoods and Downtown Walla Walla were selected as Great Neighborhoods, Beacon Hill recognized for its rich diversity of cultures and urban vitality and Walla Walla for taking advantage of its historic downtown as a hub of the region’s booming wine industry. Read more here.
Receive notifications of new posts by email once a day.
Search by month:
Search by category:
DAHP Blog Feed
- Author Event – Tacoma’s Fateful Fourth – Featuring our own Russell Holter!
- Port Townsend – USA Today Ten Best Main Streets
- Preservation Groups Unite to Support Historic Structures in Olympic National Park
- Wissard Updates
- Call for Nominations – Timmy Awards for Excellence in Historic Rehabilitation
- Pints & Pours for Preservation (Historic Tour & Scavenger Hunt) June 11 – Spokane
- RFP for EXHIBIT DESIGN FOR 50TH ANNIVERSARY TRAVELING EXHIBIT – City of Lacey
- Olympia Preservation Month Activities
- CLG Grant Applicant Presentation Meeting June 1, 2016
- 2016 Joint APA-PAW Awards – Call for Nominations
- Colville Tribes hiring GIS Analyst
- 4 Culture Grants for King County Historic Properties
- Summer Internship at 4 Culture
- 2016 SHPO Award Winners Announced
- Historic Preservation at 50!