As in past years, the bulk of American neighborhoods, streets and public spaces honored by the American Planning Association (APA) are historic places. This year, Seattle’s Beacon Hill neighborhoods and Downtown Walla Walla were selected as Great Neighborhoods, Beacon Hill recognized for its rich diversity of cultures and urban vitality and Walla Walla for taking advantage of its historic downtown as a hub of the region’s booming wine industry. Read more here.
Receive notifications of new posts by email once a day.
Search by month:
Search by category:
DAHP Blog Feed
- RFP for EXHIBIT DESIGN FOR 50TH ANNIVERSARY TRAVELING EXHIBIT – City of Lacey
- Olympia Preservation Month Activities
- CLG Grant Applicant Presentation Meeting June 1, 2016
- 2016 Joint APA-PAW Awards – Call for Nominations
- Colville Tribes hiring GIS Analyst
- 4 Culture Grants for King County Historic Properties
- Summer Internship at 4 Culture
- 2016 SHPO Award Winners Announced
- Historic Preservation at 50!
- Women in Restoration Engineering – New Northwest Chapter!
- CELEBRATE NATIONAL PARK WEEK APRIL 16-24 WITH FREE ADMISSION
- Call for Proposals – NCPH Annual Meeting — Indianapolis, Indiana, April 19-22, 2017
- Point Reyes National Seashore Historic Preservation Paid Intern
- LES TONKIN, SEATTLE HISTORIC PRESERVATION ARCHITECT
- Applications for Research Grants Sought – Society for Architectural Historians